2018 LEO Bass Tournament |
Register for the 2018 LEO Bass Tournament by sending the following information to:
Angler’s Name, Co-Angler’s Name, Primary Phone for the Angler and Co-Angler, and Agency
Early Registration ends April 30, 2018
Entry Fee is $40.00 per boat on tournament day.
By registering you agree to the following:
Being of at least 18 years of age, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the Officials immediately; and,
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, THE SULLIVAN COUNTY SHERIFF”S OFFICE, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Early entry is encouraged so we can estimate the number of participants. Officers can register the day of the tournament but prior to launch.
2018 TOURNAMENT RULES
1. Rule Familiarization: It is the responsibility of each contestant to familiarize them self with and by all the rules. Interpretation of these rules shall be left exclusively to the tournament officials. The decision of the officials shall be final in all matters and not subject to appeal.
2. Participation and Eligibility: Each contestant must be 18 yrs of age or older. They also need to be either active or retired law enforcement officers.
3. Limit Regulations: Tournament limit will be 5 fish per team. Only 5 fish can be presented at the weigh in. All culling must be done before checking in. No dead fish will be allowed to be weighed in. Violation of this rule will result in the loss of the fish and ½ pound penalty from the total weight.
4. Scoring: Only Largemouth, Smallmouth, and Kentucky Bass (or Spotted Bass) will be weighed in. The official length will be Largemouth Bass 15 inches, Smallmouth Bass 15 inches, and Kentucky Bass 12 inches. Bass presented to weigh-in which fails to measure the prescribed length and identification will be penalized with the loss of the fish and 1 pound from total weight. Fish will be measured with the mouth closed and by the officials.
5. Sportsmanship: All contestants are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Any contestants conduct reflecting unfavorably upon efforts to promote safety, sportsmanship, fair competition and compliance with tournament rules are grounds for disqualification and/or rejection of any entry for participation. At no time during tournament hours are alcoholic beverages or drugs (other than prescriptions) allowed in the boat or to be consumed. Drunkenness shall be immediate disqualification and grounds for criminal prosecution. All local, state & federal penal code laws shall apply at all times. Remember, every participant will be representing their respected agencies.
6. Safety, Boat, Motors: Tournament officials reserve the right to delay, shorten, or cancel the start of the tournament for bad weather, or any other conditions that may endanger the safety of the participants. Safe boating must be observed at all times. Each contestant is required to wear a Cost Guard approved life preserver anytime the boat is on plane. Motors that exceed the Cost Guard max horsepower rating are not condoned. All boats must be equipped with an emergency kill switch securely attatched to the driver’s body whenever the boat is on plane. Each boat must have all the required Cost Guard safety equipment and a working live well. All local, state, Cost Guard and Federal boating regulations shall apply at all times.
7. Permitted Fishing: Contestants may fish anywhere on tournament waters accessible by boat, except designated areas as “off limits” or “no fishing” by state or federal officials, or within 25 yards of any other competitor’s boat which was first anchored and the trolling motor in the up position without that boat’s permission. All angling must be done from the boat. At no time may you enter a non-contestant boat unless of an emergency which must be reported to the tournament officials immediately upon arrival. At no time may a non-contestant hole sit for tournament contestants. Ramp areas are “off limits” one hour before first flight weigh-in.
8. Breakdowns: In case of a breakdown, one team member may return by another contestant’s boat, non-contestant boat or the sheriff’s office boat patrol. A phone number will be available to all contestants upon check in incase of a breakdown or any emergency.
9. Tackle and Equipment: Only artificial lures with the exception of pork trailers may be used. Only one lure by each team member may be presented and in the water at one time. Other rods may be in the boat for substitute purposes. All fish must be caught live and in conventional sporting manner. Trolling or assisting bait presentation with combustion engine or trolling motor is illegal.
10. Official Checkpoint: There will be only one official checkpoint for boat check-in in the morning and one in the afternoon. The checkpoint will be located at the Observation Knob Park in Sullivan County. Failure to check-in in the morning or afternoon will result in disqualification. Any contestant that wishes to continue to fish after the tournament or wishes to load their boat at a different sight must advise an official. This will ensure the accountability for all the contestants.
11. Late Penalty: Teams who are not in the official check-in area at the appointed time will be penalized at the rate of ½ a pound per minute to be deducted from their total weight. Any team more than 5 minutes late shall lose credit for the day’s catch.
12. Ties: In case a tie for places 1st through 3rd, the team with the biggest fish in weight will be considered the winner. If a tie still exists, the team with the longest fish will be considered the winner.
13. Registration and Entry Fee: Entry fee must be paid prior to the start of the tournament. Entry fee will be $40.00 per boat even if contestant is competing alone. No one will be allowed to enter the tournament after the tournament begins. There are no refunds of entry fees.
Sullivan County Sheriff
P.O. Box 589
Blountville, TN 37617